
Jack had his first T-ball game last weekend and it was pretty hilarious. There were as many parents on the field as there were kids, coaching them on what to do, where to go, etc.
A few kids fielded their own hits (hysterical!), and every ball that made it off the tee was immediately dogpiled by a bunch of 3-year-olds. I'm not even sure any of them knew why they were all scrambling to get their hands on that ball. A few times, I saw Jack run toward the dogpile and just plop his butt hard on the ground as if THAT were his main purpose. Forget that there was a ball that needed to be thrown to first base. And what IS first base anyway??
Halfway through the game, Jack left the field to find me and said, "Mom, I need you to teach me to play baseball." I think he was a little overwhelmed at all the random parents (and of course his own dad) telling him what to do...and so early in the morning, mind you. After a short talk about choosing to have a good attitude and how leaving the field in the middle of a game to go find your mom isn't exactly helpful to your team, he went out and finished the game.
He's not too jazzed about it, but also not dreading it either since he still wants to practice in the backyard...so we'll see how next week goes.
Enjoy the pics, and the darling uniform, a la Babe Ruth.












2 comments:
What a doll and so fun! I can't wait to see my kiddos playing sports, or rather trying to play at that age. I bet it was so funny to watch!
Dear K-Mama:
Very cool blog. I am so impressed by you and the lovely home life you have created for your family. Your Dad is incredibly proud of you and totally crazy about his beautiful Grandkids. Thank you for including me in your Christmas celebration and especially for the awesome PC meat masher - meatloaf is definitly on the menu soon!
Warmest regards,
Lisa Grace
Post a Comment