Monday, October 5, 2009

Weather is everything!






I don't think I quite realized just how much the summer weather frustrated us as a family until now--NOW that the weather is BEAUTIFUL! All those mornings we stayed inside because it was already over 100 degrees at 9am, getting more and more snippy with one another as we ran out of patience and things to do! It is just wrong to SWEAT in your own house. That's all I have to say.

This weekend was a different story though--Friday, my mom got to spend time with the kids at the park by our house (I wish I had pictures to show for it!), Saturday, we hung out with Pops (my dad) at the railroad park, and Sunday, Jack got to go to Tolmachoff Farms with Grandpa and Grandma Hayward--all of this in one weekend, and without a bit of sweat! Hallelujah!

Today, I took the kids to the Surprise park and we fed the ducks, laid out in the shade on a blanket and ran around in the breeze. It felt like San Diego and I was loving life. Two hours went by so fast and I almost didn't want to leave to put the kids down for naps...almost.

Yes, we were almost attacked by bees again and will NOT be bringing anymore Sonic slushies to the park. That's okay--something to look forward to AFTER the park. :)



post signature

No comments: