Well, my name is Kristin. I'm a follower of Jesus, a wife, mom, daughter, sister, friend...I could go on and on. Oh, I like food a lot, photography and hiking mountains by myself. Writing is way up there, along with quoting movies to another person who likes quoting movies. And now, blogging!
Being a stay-at-home mom is one of the most enjoyable, yet frustrating endeavors I've ever taken on. I love having such profound purpose in otherwise routine daily activities; but it's these very ins and outs of daily life that can be so challenging. Let's just say that no one ever tells you what it's really going to be like to raise another human being--and that's because no one can. It's a unique experience for everyone and a huge blessing. In this vocation, I have learned more about myself than I ever thought possible and it's amazing to see how God uses my children to show me what I need to work on in my own life, as I help them to do the same.
First it was just the two of us: I married my high school sweetheart and we've been in wedded bliss for 6 and a half years; he is my best friend and partner in crime. My love for Matt has grown even more since we had kids and I've watched him become a very hands-on dad.
We have a sometimes difficult, always hilarious son, 4-and-a-half year old son Jack and a precious baby girl, Jane, who will be two in November.
I still sometimes feel like a kid and can't believe I have all this responsibility...but then I realize that without this blessed chaos, life wouldn't have nearly as much depth and meaning. And so, I try to embrace the insanity.
1 comment:
These pics are friggin' fantastic!
Post a Comment