Thursday, November 6, 2008

37 weeks prego


Here is a cartoon version of what is happening to my body. How on earth is this possible? And how am I still breathing? Okay, okay--I can't complain. But I do have to ask you a rhetorical question: does this look comfortable to you? Sorry about the anatomically-correct labeling. I don't need you to be picturing all that--just focus on the baby.
Anyway, in preparation for this momentous event, I've been nesting like...well...like a bird on crack! I was up until 1:30 am last night cleaning corners of our house I've never touched. What is my problem? I'm exhausted, but can't sleep, so I figure, why not be productive. But I know--all to0 well, from experience--that I should be doing absolutely NOTHING since I will be a zombie in less than 2 weeks from all the sleep deprivation this little bundle will bring.
On a sweeter note, Jack and I went to Build-a-Bear over the weekend to build Jane a little bear that will be a gift from her big brother. Knowing that if I didn't establish some options from the get-go, Jack would choose a basketball-playing dinosaur as his "gift" to his little sister, I had him choose between 2 cute (and the cheapest) teddy bears. Then, after stuffing the bear with the assistance of a B-a-B employee, Jack put a fabric heart in the bear's chest (not as graphic as it sounds) and then gave her a bath (dry, of course). Time for some clothes! I was worried that he would choose something completely unfeminine for his little sis, so I steered him to the girls-only outfits. I was actually pleasantly surprised when he chose a light pink chenille robe, monogrammed with a cursive B for bear, and some hilarious matching bunny slippers! Wow--I underestimated his sensitivity!
Then it was time to name her. I sat down at the computer and typed all the info...when it came time for Jack to name this darling little bear in pink, I asked him what name he wanted and he shouted, without hesitation: "Horse!" So let's just be thankful Jack didn't have a hand in naming his actual sister.

She comes out Nov. 17th, baby! No pun intended. (At least this is the plan--a scheduled induction). So we will keep you posted...

post signature

3 comments:

Lyra said...

Oh Kristin I am so excited for you!! I will keep you and Baby Jane and your family in my thoughts as this amazing and wonderful day approaches. I love you!!

OurCarsAndCops said...

I am soooooooo excited for you to have her. I havent known you long but We talk to often I feel like I have known you for ages! LOL Cant wait to meet little Jane. BUT remember you can have her early just NOT before the 9th! :)

Kate said...

Oh, I am so excited for you! This is such a great idea taking Jack and getting him involved! I love it. I can't wait to meet Jane.