Friday, October 31, 2008

Yee-Haw!






Happy Halloween!

It was a fun night--although Matt had to work at the fire station, so it wasn't quite the same without him being there to hand out candy and walk the neighborhood with us...

But thankfully, Grandpa Jim and Grandma Leeanne came to help out so I could man the "candy station" and Jack could go trick-or-treating with the neighbor kids and of course, his Grandpa and Grandma.
We started the afternoon out with a cookie-decorating session at the Pimleys' house (our wonderful neighbors)...although Jack just played with his friends' toys while I did the decorating. But when it came time to EAT the cookie, Jack was suddenly interested in helping out.

The rest of the night was fun--also a little scary. A few kids were dressed like skeletons, and one guy handing out candy was the grim reaper...Jack seemed disturbed and even cried and ran to me at one point during the night. Looks like we're going to have the monster-under-the-bed talk sooner than I thought. His new favorite word is "scary" and he kept mentioning how Halloween is scary and he doesn't like those costumes or the witch stirring in her cauldron outside the party store we frequent (because there's a post office in the back of it).

He's finally down to sleep 1/2 a cookie, 1 tootsie pop, 1 Reese's Peanut Butter Cup and 1 big gummy candy in the shape of a human nose later...

post signature

1 comment:

Lyra said...

Awww, he is too cute. I am glad you had a fun Halloween!