Tuesday, November 11, 2008

It's the Final Countdown!

If you know the 1986 Europe song, Final Countdown, please start humming now...

Anyway, I just went to my last doctor's appointment today. It was so weird leaving the office, knowing that I am going to be induced this Monday. It really started to sink in, just as it did the first time around with Jack just days before my induction with him. It's a bittersweet feeling...one of anticipation, excitement, fear, sadness, happiness. Sadness that it won't just be "us three"...but happiness that it will now be "us four." Does that make sense? Fear at the thought of no sleep and trying to juggle two kids when I've been used to just one. Excitement for a precious new life--and a little girl for that matter. This is exactly what I would've chosen, had God asked me, "Now, Kristin--how many kids would you like, and would you like one of each? And would you like to have them both by the time you're 26?"

Yep! Sounds great!

I think my biggest challenge will be learning to let go of the things that control me...like my to-do lists and household chores that haunt me until I complete them. No one is looming over me to get them done, but myself. And I know that I'm going to have to let go. I'm not a perfectionist, and I don't have a spotless house, but I go nuts when the kitchen isn't clean and the livingroom is cluttered. When the dishes pile up, I will have to take a deep breath and remind myself that just because they won't clean themselves, doesn't mean that I have to do so immediately. Those things can wait, and they will have to. I want to focus on sleeping any chance I get (which will be a rarity in itself) and spending time with Jack and Jane. Especially Jack, whose world is about to be turned upside down. I am going to do my best to make him feel like a part of everything--so he doesn't see Jane as this new invader, but as a new little buddy.

Keep watch on the blog--it will probably be where I put my first update with pics, etc.

Until then...


post signature

3 comments:

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

Yeah! It's soooo soon! I can't wait to meet her.

Spann Time said...

Wow Monday or Tuesday you will have your little girl can't wait to meet her.

Kate & Matt Heihn said...

Today is the day! You better update as soon as you can!