Sunday, February 14, 2010

Jack's Birthday Week Continues...





e
h
t






Jack turned 4 today, Valentine's Day, but this week has been full of celebration since there are so many people that love Jack and want a piece of him! :)

After his Superhero Party, another celebration came the next day, at my Nana's house--Jack's great grandma. She made her famous banana cake with cream cheese frosting and my aunt even came to town! After we digested, my mom took Jack on his very first hike: Camelback Mountain! Don't worry--for those of you who have hiked Camelback, he went up the Cholla side (the easy trail), and only halfway, turning back before they got to the treacherous part.

My mom is an avid hiker, hiking mountains all over the state--including the tallest, Mt Humphreys in Flagstaff, multiple times a year (and by herself, I should add). So if I would trust anyone to take Jack on his first real hike, it would be her. They hiked for 2 hours and my mom said she couldn't believe how well he did; he didn't even want to stop! Passersby kept asking how old he was because they couldn't believe he was hiking at 4...but I was 4 years old when my mom first took me up Camelback, so she figured it was a good time to introduce him to the joys of hiking. Needless to say, he loved it! (I wish I had pictures, but I don't!) I hope he grows up with a passion for hiking just like my brother and I did.

Then on Saturday, we spent the day with Matt's family--first at the Antique tractor show at Sahuaro Ranch Park, with a picnic lunch and presents, and then at Chuck E. Cheese (his first experience there, but no pics, unfortunately--too much going on!)

He was wiped out after such a long week, but he had so much fun--and the best part is spending it with those who love him so much: family AND friends! Thanks to everyone for celebrating our boy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JACK! WE LOVE YOU MORE THAN YOU COULD EVER KNOW!



post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jack and I share the same birthday. Another Valentine baby, yay! Happy birthday Jack, you little cutie pie.