
Yes, I am humming Olivia Newton John's song as I write this, and remembering that cheesy music video...but also thinking of one of my new year's resolutions and that is...to get back on the workout train! Only this time, it's not about looking a certain way (well, somewhat), but honestly, I just want be healthy for health's sake. I want to have energy and strength, and I want to slow down the clock since parenthood has done nothing but speed it up! I used to hike Camelback mountain 3 times a week like it was nothing (and TIME myself--what a nutjob!), and I can't even remember the last time I did that. Obviously, adding kids to the mix was a good distraction, but at what point do I just say enough is enough--I need to do the things I did pre-baby...the things that made me feel so good and were just a way of life.
I also want to make sure that I am remembering to feed myself the same healthy foods I have my kids eat (sometimes forcibly--ha!)--whole foods and more water! I am not going to be a nazi about it (life is too short and I need to indulge as much as anyone), but at the same time, I want to take care of the body God's given me and give it what it needs to thrive.
Oh, and on that same note, maybe sleep should be thrown in there too. More of it. Not sure how anyone can say sleep is overrated because it is sooo not.
I guess all of the above means I just want to live like my kids do: eat, sleep and play. Not a bad goal!
I should add that, beyond the physical resolutions, I really just want to soak in my stage of life: my sweet husband, precious children and their fleeting milestones, and above all, growing closer to God by reading His word everyday, praying continually and being teachable.
Posting this is sort of my way of being held accountable in a way, so here I go (don't be too hard on me if I slip up though...)






No comments:
Post a Comment