I have been praying for an open mind and heart, and never thought God would change my once-callous-to-the-idea-of-three-kids mentality. When anyone mentioned the concept, I would snap back with, "I just can't handle that." And after a gazillion times of me saying that, Matt finally said, calmly, "Do you realize that you are just defeating yourself before you even begin?" And I realized he was right. He went on to reassure me by saying, "You ARE doing this mom thing--and you're doing it SO WELL! Who isn't stressed? Life is by definition, stressful."
Yes, it would be stressful. Yes, I would probably have many overwhelming fears. But I at least need to open my mind to the POSSIBILITY that God could bless us with another HUMAN LIFE. And a couple years of chaos shouldn't stand in the way of me seeing this opportunity.
The other day, I asked Jack what he thought about us having another baby. He looked at me and said, "But I LIKE Jane! I don't want to get another baby!" I laughed out loud and hugged him because his attitude was just so sweet (and a surprise to me, quite frankly).
Then I went onto explain that it would be Jack, Jane, and one MORE baby. He looked relieved and said, "I want TWO baby sisters. I love baby sisters." It just melted my heart and made me think, maybe we could do this.
Now, I am not making an announcement by any means. But I am announcing my new mindset, and that is this: God will not give me more than I can handle, and I believe that if He were to bless us with another little life, that life has already been planned whether or not I feel up to it at this point or not. And if God thinks I am good to go with the two precious ones I've got, then there isn't another baby in His plan...or mine!
I even hesitate posting this because I don't want to hear a bunch of negative opinions, and also because it might jinx me (ha!) But oh well. Here goes nothin'...






3 comments:
one more.... how about a double shot... it works for expresso....
hee hee
JUST KIDDING...
All the people I know with more than two says the hardest transition is from one to two - the rest is cake....
I can't talk from experience since we went from 1 to 3.... it's like going from one to two for me!
Praying God would make HIS will bring you peace!
Thank you for sharing this and I think whatever happens, baby or not, you are an amazing person, an amazing friend and an amazing mother!! I hope everything turns out exactly as you want it sweetie. You deserve it!
Thanks girls!!! I love you both--your words are true and encouraging. Thanks, Lyra, for making my day with all those sweet sentiments. :)
Post a Comment