Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Good Will Hunting



So I was taking my monthly load to Good Will, and I usually just drop off my stuff and leave; I mean, why buy MORE clutter when my whole purpose in donating is to DEclutter?

But yesterday, something was calling me. I didn't know what, but I felt like I was being drawn into the smelly store for some reason, so I gave in.

Amongst the mass of moth-eaten clothes and furniture that looked like it came straight from a Motel 6, circa 1978, I found two games for Jack in perfect shape! I've been on a mission to find toddler-friendly board games--cheap and educational fun for Jack. Something we can do together while Jane naps, or after dinner when Matt is home. Something to force him to sit and focus for more than a minute, and teaches him the art of taking turns and listening to directions.

And instead of spending $10-15 per game at Target, I was able to get two games--count em, 2--for $3.98 total! A "Go, Diego, Go" game (all about animals, Jack's favorite things) and one of those battery-operated fishing games that I used to play when I was a kid (you know, the one that spins, while the fish open and shut their mouths and you are supposed to "catch" them with your plastic pole). My friend, Val, got the same game for her son recently and it made me feel nostalgic. And lo and behold, Good Will must've knew I was coming--and that we're on a budget!

Nothing better than cheap entertainment, right? I think we've played both games a total of 10 times since last night, with no relief...er...end in sight!

post signature

1 comment:

vlaizure said...

So funny about Goodwill--I can't beleive you JUST commented on the fishing game and then you found one! I recently went into goodwill while dropping off my junk and got a trike for Robbie for $3 and a George Foreman Grill for $4....Robbie uses the bike constantly and I have used the grill several times!