So the other day, when we were leaving the house, we were gathering our 101 things to put in the car and I kindly asked Matt, "Babe, could you turn off the F-A-N?"
Silence.
He looked at me, with his head cocked to the side, and I stopped and said, "Did I just spell fan?"
We busted up laughing at how routine it had become for us to spell every little word. (Hey--at least my brain is being challenged--if nothing else to replace some of the brain cells lost since becoming a professional mom).
I'm a little concerned, though, because today, Jack finished watching his show, Word World, (which is great at teaching letter sounds and spelling) and came up to me with a big smile on his face and said, "Listen mom: "C-O-O-K-I-E!"
I was in shock, but very proud. I gave him a high five and told him so.
But in my head, I was thinking, C-R-A-P...not long until Matt and I will be unable to use our secret language while our little Scrabble champ is in the room.






1 comment:
C-R-A-P we have those DVD's too and I used to love them... why do we rush to teach our kids everything? It just puts a kink in our lifestyle! Ha!!!
Way to go Jack... here's another one for you C-H-O-C-O-L-A-T-E
Post a Comment