Sunday, February 22, 2009

Grapefruit Retriever and a Homecoming Queen



I took this picture of Jane today, while she was sitting in my dad's lap on a porch swing in my grandmother's backyard. I LOVE this picture--especially because you see how tiny she is in her Pops' hands! My Dad is Jack and Jane's Pops...in case you didn't get that. :) While they sat on the swing, Jack and I picked grapefruit out of my Nana's tree with a cool grapefruit picker that Jack loves to use. We would pull them down, then Jack would run around and retrieve them all and put them in a bag. I started calling him the "Grapefruit Retriever," and couldn't help but make up a song to the tune of the Monkees' "Daydream believer." I'm still in the middle of thinking about a whole song, tailored just to Jack and his grapefruit-picking ways.

The other picture is of Jack, after a long day at the Railroad park (my childhood hangout). Needless to say, he had his fill of the carousel, among other things. Oh, to be young again--and chauffeured about while you snooze.

I do have to give a shout out to my Aunt Joanna, who so lovingly rode the bless-ed carousel with Jack 5 times so I could have a break and sit out in the sun, with my feet up. Did I mention she has motion sickness? Thanks, Aunt J!

post signature

3 comments:

Terah said...

I love the picture of Jane. She has the prettiest eyes. Sounds like you guys had a fun day with family!

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful.

Spann Time said...

She looks so Tiny in that picture. I still want to find a time and visit with you guys without my hands full with wyatt. I so want another girl and boy. Ahhh I think I am crazy.