First off, a baby update. Little Jane ain't so little. It turns out she's measuring as if she were 2 weeks further along in there than she really is. So if she keeps this up, I will definitely be induced about a week and a half before Thanksgiving (my original due date). However, things could change...but this is my best estimate. One week ago, she was estimated at 5 lbs (and I was a day shy of 32 weeks...but the ultrasound said it looked more like 34 weeks and a day). The sonographer said she has a large head and belly...not abnormally so, just above average (I silently wondered to myself--why not mention legs? Does that mean she's got my chicken legs and is going to look like a walking candy apple with that huge head and belly? Hey--gotta have a sense of humor if you're about to birth an oversized child...it's the only thing that consoles me...) I'd love for people to guess what she'll weigh, the day she'll be born, and the time. If you enter this in the comments, I will look back at it after she comes and give whoever is closest something from the Pampered Chef catalog...gotta make it interesting!
And speaking of placing bets and making things more interesting, can I comment on the concept of fantasy football? I told my husband I was going to blog on the subject and he told me to be careful what I say...so I will remain respectful. :) All I was going to say is that I never realized something like football and the pretend trading of players would be something that literally stops our weekends in their tracks. I am all for Matt making something he loves--football--even better by personally holding stock in certain players' fates. But if something like this is going to consume our family time at home--at least let me have my own fantasy that is just as consuming. I propose...Fantasy Decorating.
Each Sunday, I will flip back and forth from the Home and Garden Channel and TLC, while simultaneously jumping up during commercial breaks to checkout what's going on at www.marthastewart.com I will text my friends about the latest in wallpapering, and talk trash with them via text messaging, telling them that I have more strips of wallpaper up than they do--thanks to some tips from Paige Davis on Trading Spaces. But just as I am getting cocky, I will receive a text from another fantasy decorator, telling me that I may be ahead on the wallpapering, but she is spongepainting like a maniac WHILE weaving a basket at the same time. My husband will ask me a question, and I will tell him to wait until all the shows are over and I have stopped wallpapering (which will be approximately 6.5 hours...unless we somehow go into overtime...er...I make a mistake and need to repaper a section). Then when it is all over I will be able to give my undivided attention...granted, he will forget what he was going to ask me.
Do any of you think this is a viable option? If so, let's start a league! :)






4 comments:
I think a fantasy decorating league is in order for sure! What a funny post! Sorry I didn't make it to your shower. I got home just in time, but was pretty emotional and tired after my week. Hopefully I'll see you soon. Maybe we should do lunch sometime before your big girl arrives!
Great analogy Kristin. How are you?
Its been a while since we talked. I hope you and your family are doing well.
Ok - here is my prediction... Jane will be coming at 12:17am on November 22nd... She will weigh 7 lbs 10 oz and be 21 1/2 inches long... I just like 11.22 - cool date - so try to make that happen ok? I really, really, need a new pair of kitchen shears! Hee hee...
On the fantasy football thing - I am SO with you - how lame - I always tease Wade that people who play fantasy football are player want to be's... well, guess that is NOT true for Matt - he actually played so I will give him a little break! As for the fantasy decorating - I am so game! I want to be on the Painting Princess team...
Oh my gosh... I read the third paragraph first and thought, "she really does this?!". I get it now and had a good chuckle! :P
Post a Comment