Sunday, August 8, 2010

I'm baaaaack!





Life has been NUTS. No, MORE than NUTS--but what food would be crazier than a nut? Anyway, whatever that would be, make it a metaphor for my life lately!

The last post, I wrote about my Nana...she is (thank the Lord) doing much better after going on month 3 of Dialysis...she is more like herself and even got the thumbs-up from the doctor to do daytime driving...and she's 92!! Of course, the fact that she's even on dialysis is not a good sign, so we just hope that her body continues to accept it and thrive and that she continues to have the energy she has (not a lot, but definitely more than she had a couple months ago).

This summer has been full of swim lessons!!! And photo sessions--both professionally and unprofessionally (I don't always want to use the fancy skills when taking daily pics of my kids...it takes to much brainpower--and my big honking lens--sometimes...haha). So these are what I consider me just taking pics without thinking too much...haha

For those who have seen Jack in the water in years past, you'd never know Jack if you saw him in the pool THIS year! He has not only overcome his fear of getting water in eyes by wearing goggles, but those "super-power" goggles gave him the confidence to hold his breath and swim with his face in the water, using his kicks and "ice cream scoops" (arm/hand motions) as his coach likes to refer to them. Jane is a natural...she LOVES the water, doesn't freak when immersed quickly and would do everything from kick, ice cream scoops, float on her back (with help) and even jump into her coach's arms with gusto! It was such a nice change for me since the last couple summers were spent in frustration as Jack would literally be forced to get in the pool for swim lessons and would yell at me if I even told him he did a good job, as if it was patronizing or something. This year is a different story and BOTH my kids (hallelujah) couldn't WAIT to go to swim every morning (and often times didn't want to leave!!!) Cue the choir!

My photography business is going really well, but has been very time consuming; but hey, that's the first year of starting a new business and it's to be expected. I'm just thankful to have SUCH a supportive husband and such a fun job that is really just more of a creative outlet. No, I haven't forgotten about getting my children's book published...I think I just needed to step away from it for awhile because of all that was going on in my life after having Jane. If only I could combine writing and photography; just have to figure out my angle there! All in good time.

No summer vacations this year, however, we will be taking a short trip up to Showlow soon to visit Grandma Ginger and Bertie and then a quick stop in Payson to spend a night/day with Grandpa Jim and Grandma Leeanne before going back to our crazy lives. And Disneyland is in the near future as well!

That's about it for now...had to update because I was starting to feel like my photography blog was taking precedence over my family blog and I felt bad!

Thanks for reading if anyone still does!!!

post signature

2 comments:

Di said...

Hey girl, it's great to read about the fam. I've missed being so far away from family and friends. The kids are growing fast. When I first saw a pic of Jane, I thought, boy she sure has some of her grandma Leeanne in that face. I'll have to go through my pics and see if I can find one to send you. Blessings to you and the fam and look forward to seeing you all at the wedding.

shayla said...

I so glad you are baaaaack!! lol I just started a blog for us and was hoping you would give me more too read so Thanks!