Friday, September 11, 2009

The Real McCoy



So, poor Jack has been in a toddler bed for awhile now--and in baby-product language, that means he was still sleeping on a crib mattress in a crib; he just wasn't a prisoner behind bars because the side was taken off.

For a lot of 3-year-olds, this wouldn't be a big deal, but our kid is HUGE. Every night, when Matt and I would check on him before going to sleep ourselves, we'd look at our huge child in his tiny bed, look at each other, and whisper: "We NEED to get him a twin bed."

But as anyone who has ever bought a bed knows, it costs money. And you're not just buying a headboard, footboard and rails. You're buying a boxspring, mattress, mattress pad, a vinyl cover (for wetting the bed), sheets AND bedding. It doesn't take a mathematician to figure out that this all equals a fortune! Luckily, though, I was able to buy things here and there--the bed itself on Craig's List (I got a smokin' deal), the mattress at a liquidation place, and the Firetruck bedding I actually bought off Craig's List years ago, knowing that we would need it in the blink of an eye. So at least we didn't have to spend TOO much at ONE time. But this was the main reason I continued to put off buying all of this for as long as I did.

After a long afternoon of putting the bed together--me with a baby on my hip, and Matt working very slow because Jack insisted on helping with every step--we finally finished.

Jack looks like such a big boy now in his REAL big boy bed. No toddler beds for this guy! This is the real McCoy. And he is so proud of it.






post signature

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love all the pics of Jack in his big boy bed! The bedding is too cute!