




Well, I'm taking a minute to update you all...whoever actually keeps up with this thing! Life has been a little chaotic over here...but all for good reason, of course. Jack and Jane have been keeping me (and Matt) busy. Jack has been having a hard time with the change. He loves his sister and never gets upset with her, but instead he likes to take his frustrations out on us. He is whiny, defiant, gets angry VERY EASILY, and he's whiny (did I already say that?) I've been able to spend some one on one time with him when Matt is around, and Matt has been amazing with taking the reigns in the Jack department. :) They've gotten quite used to palling around together. Matt is now the one to get up with him on the mornings he's home; he makes his breakfast and they go to the park, the gym, and basically hang out together so I can get an extra hour or two of sleep (which makes a huge difference when I'm getting a few hours here and there throughout the night.)
Jane, of course, is so sweet. She gets the hiccups all the time, the poor thing. It's so funny too because she got them all the time when I was pregnant with her. That's the only time she gets fussy because she hates having those hiccups.
Anyway, enjoy some of the pictures--they're from the past week. They include the first bath, and some other cute ones. Pay no attention to the scary woman without makeup at the beginning...
Oh, and I want to ask your opinions on something...we're really trying to stay on a budget and we're done with all the holiday gifts, etc. Then I realized we haven't done Christmas cards! And they could double as birth announcements...but all of that really adds up. So my questions for you guys is, are Christmas cards necessary every year? And do you think I should just suck it up and send them out this year, especially since we have a new addition to the family? I love doing it, it's just one more expense that we don't need! If you want to comment, just click on the comments link below.






6 comments:
Hi sweetie! Personally I think if it's an expense you can"t afford right now (I have a million of those!!) a better option is maybe sending a fancy email with pics and a "family update". All your friends and family will still feel like they received something personal from you and it's free!!
You have such beautiful babies!!! I think it would be totally fine to hold off on Christmas cards this year! Send out a great little email update with some pics attached or something, that way people would be able to print them if they want but they would definitely get to see your growing family!
SOOOOOOOOO PRECIOUS!!
Umm . . . yeah Christmas cards . . . Brad and I haven't even gotten there yet HA . . so I'm skipping them this year. I figure for us it's better to focus on some other needs. Cards are fun but not necessities.
Katie Fisher
Kristin -
Don't worry about Christmas cards! You have been really busy taking care of Jack and Baby Jane. I love the idea that was posted about the email :)
P.S. I love the pics of Jane in her pink tub that I got her!
xoxo
Lindsey
Kristin: Uncertain if you'll receive this more than once, but I agree with everyone else's comments on skipping the cards this year. Cute pics of your kids! Love your blog. Shar
Post a Comment